Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Update with Observations


   So happy to report another good day!  Enjoyed visits from friends, cards, texts, calls, emails, and visiting with hospital staff.  Keep finding out about the incredible way people continue to be the hands and feet of God to take care of me.  The post master in my little town is working with my friends to help tend my mail so I can keep up with everything.  Have an awesome substitute that is working to get ready for school.  Great grade level team, school, and district staff supporting, praying for, and loving me. Weight Watchers staff and members reminding me daily how truly special they are and how blessed I am to work with them.

  Very fun "God"incidence today.  A couple of teacher buddies were visiting around dinner time when a nurse's aid (not assigned to this room, but helping out) came in and looked at one of my friends and said, "I know you," then to me, "and you." She was a former student!  How fun was that.  She's going to be a nurse. 
   I have to confess.  I did get "grounded" from screen time today. My blood pressure was up a bit. Since I had been on a little longer than normal, I could understand that.  I promptly obeyed and rested.  All is well.  Going to limit screen time from now on. 
   Continue to be in awe at how well I feel, all things considered.  Of course, the thoughts in my devotional were very appropriate for today :
Understanding will never bring you Peace.  That's why I have instructed you to trust in Me, not in your understanding.  Human beings have a voracious appetite for trying to figure things out, in order to gain a sense of mastery over their lives.  But the world presents you with an endless series of problems.  As soon as you master one set, another pops up to challenge you.  The relief you had anticipated is short-lived.  Soon your mind is gearing up again: searching for understanding (mastery), instead of seeking Me (your master)...My Peace is not an elusive goal, hidden at the center of some complicated maze.  Actually, you are always enveloped in Peace, which is inherent in My Presence.  As you look to Me, you gain awareness of this precious Peace.  (Jesus Calling by Susan Young, p.233)
  I have to admit, my toes were a bit sore after this one.  Being a science teacher, I believe that science is man's feeble attempt to try to figure out how God does things.  Maybe sometimes I need to try not so hard to figure out how He does things, just rest in the fact that He does!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for checking out Requirements!