Thursday, August 23, 2012

(EN)trust and JOY! JOY! JOY!...(and an update)

  Today's devotion from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young , p. 246, was more about trust.  It was actually entrusting...your loved ones to God.
Entrust your loved ones to Me; release them into My protective care. They are much safer with Me than in your clinging hands...When you release loved ones to Me, you are free to cling to My hand.  As you entrust others into My care, I am free to shower blessings on them.  My Presence will go with them where ever they go, and I will give them rest.  This same Presence stays with you as you relax and place your trust in me.Watch to see what I will do.
  After reading this, I wondered why I found it easier to trust God with myself than with my family and friends. I think it all goes back to my control issues and Martha personality.  I want to take care of my family and friends.  I want to make sure they have what they need.  I want to make sure they're safe.  I'll pray for them, then I want to try to do God's job. Yes, noticed the frequent use of the word "I."  So what I'm thinking is that when I pray for my family and friends, I should trust God with my treasures knowing He cares for them a gazillion times more than me. His presence is enough for us all.
   Joy continues to keep popping up, so I thought I'd share some of the "joyisms" from the last couple of days:
  • Verse of the day from my favorite radio: Psalm 146:5 "But joyful are those who have the God of Israel as their helper, whose hope is in the Lord their God."
  • Posted on Joyce Meyer Ministries today:  "When we give God our worry, He gives us His peace. When we give Him our cares and concerns, He gives us His protection, stability and joy."
  • From my journal: "When we are filled with Jesus, then life is filled with joy."
  • "You have made know to me the paths of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence." Acts 2:28 NIV
  • "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, Who for the joy set before Him endured the cross." Hebrews 12:2 NIV
  • And one of the funnest (Ignore the grammar, please!) versions of "Joyful, Joyful" can be found in the movie "Sister Act."
 
Update:
    Another good day.  Night headache, but got to sleep later.  Visit from school friend...miss being there! Napped on and off. Took a bird bath and changed clothes. (Isn't it amazing how the simple things turn in to such big deals that we look forward to?) Starting to be taken off meds one at a time.  Told I could blow my nose as hard as I wanted...platelets were good! Visit with a special lady; enjoyed ice cream and snacks. Now have a very cool game to work on and share. Unplanned nap in middle of Facebook post; this is why things are a little later tonight.  Enjoyed calls, texts, and emails. God continues to reveal Himself as the Ever Faithful and Peaceful One.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for checking out Requirements!