Wednesday, August 29, 2012

One, Two, Three...Eyes on Me!....(and an update)

   This is my third day home and I'm still lovin' it!  I've continued to do my devotion, but have been sleeping a lot, so I've missed a few days on the blog.  I decided to combine the last three devotions from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  When I looked back over them a phrase that most teachers will recognize came to mind: "One, two, three...eyes on me!" The central theme I got from the devotions (I say that because God could show something different to someone else. I've found that when I read the same scripture at different times in my life I get something different from it each time that applies to that particular time of my life.) is to keep focused on Christ by being in His Presence.
   On Monday the phrases that stood out to me were:
Spend time with Me for the pure pleasure of being in My company...I can add sparkle to the routines of daily life...A mind that is unfocused is vulnerable to "the world, the flesh, and the devil," all of which exert a downward pull on your thoughts...The best remedy is to refocus your mind and heart on Me, your constant Companion...My Presence goes with you wherever you go, providing Light for your Path.
   On Tuesday the phrases that stood out to me were:
Grow strong in the Light of My Presence.  As My Face shines upon you, you receive nutrients that enhance your growth in grace...this interaction strengthens your soul...This meditative time with Me blesses you doubly: You experience My Presence here and now, and you are refreshed by the hope of heaven, where you will know Me in ecstatic Joy.
   For today, Wednesday, the phrases that stood out to me were (pretty much everything!):
Demonstrate your trust in Me by sitting quietly in My Presence.  Put aside all that is waiting to be done, and refuse to worry about anything.  This sacred time together strengthens you and prepares you to face whatever the day will bring...The most effective way to resit evil is to draw near Me.  When you need to take action, I will guide you clearly through My Spirit and My Word.  The world is so complex and over stimulating that you can easily lose your sense of direction. doing countless unnecessary activities will dissipate your energy.  When you spend time with Me, I restore your sense of direction.  As you look to Me for guidance, I enable you to do less by accomplish more.
  So here's my take: Those who know me know that the one word that stood out was SPARKLE. I love sparkly things.  The idea of Jesus adding sparkle to my day felt like a heart hug! I am guilty of getting so caught up with the business of life that I sometimes just "do" my quiet time devotion or "do" my Bible study. This was a great reminder to focus on what's really important...Jesus.  Take time for what's really important...Jesus.  When I focus on Jesus, He goes with me where ever I go...not just when I sit and have my devotion or have a purposeful time with Him.  Now that I think about it, when I focus on Him, all my time can be purposeful. Being in His presence makes my time purposeful.
   Tuesday's words for me were "ecstatic Joy," since that's this go-round's theme. The words "light" and "shine" also put me in the thought of "sparkle" from the day before. Being in God's presence daily and receiving the nutrients to grow in grace and strengthen my soul do give me peace and assurance here and now and strengthen the hope I have for heaven.
   Today's devotion really tested my Martha personality. It's hard for me to just sit at any time. I tried this...just sitting quietly in His Presence. It's amazing...I didn't feel like I wasn't doing something. I felt like I was strengthening my relationship with my Savior. Did I spend a lot of time sitting quietly? Probably not as much as I should, but I know I can now.  It's okay to work on my Mary side. (Check out the story of Mary and Martha in Luke 10:38-42 in the NIV and the Message.) I especially like the "I restore your sense of direction" for I need direction (not just when I'm driving) everyday. Do know I need to spend more time in His Presence to work on the "trust" issue.  Realized this today when my phone rang and saw it was Dr. B's office.  Momentarily felt dread, but answered anyway. Just a reminder that I had an appointment on Friday. Relieved! Was thrown off because I thought they always called the day before to remind...silly me!
   So now you know I think God is telling me...One, two, three...eyes on ME!

Update:
    Still feeling good! Blood pressure continues to be good...I'm convinced it's because I'm home and not in the hospital.  Yes, I was the lady at the drive-thru at the bank who used a kleenex to get the container and return it. Yes, you had to wait on me while I put the money in my wallet and then used anti-bacterial lotion before I drove away. :-) Met with my Bible study at Panera! Met between lunch and dinner crowd, but was overjoyed to be able to be there! A sweet friend brought lasagna and salad for dinner. Sis did some shopping for me and visited. Continue to nap throughout the day, but still love being home!!!!God continues to be faithful and true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for checking out Requirements!