Tuesday, August 21, 2012

On the Path...(and an update)

   Follow the Yellow Brick Road to the Emerald City where you'll find the Wizard of Oz. Sounds simple enough. Dorothy followed the Yellow Brick Road, met some really great friends on the journey, had some scary adventures, and finally got home. (Stay with me here!) My devotion this morning made me think of the Yellow Brick Road and how it allegorically tells how when we follow God's path for us we can meet some really great friends on the journey, have some scary adventures, and then end up at home in eternity.
   Here's part of the devotion from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, p.244.
...You are walking along the path I have chosen for you.  It is both a privileged and a perilous way:  experiencing My glorious Presence and heralding that reality to others...Do not worry about what other people think of you.  Stay on the path of life with Me.  Trust Me wholeheartedly, letting My Spirit fill you with Joy and Peace.
   Some of the things that spoke to me in this include that my path was chosen for me. As much as I'd like to think I'm in charge, I know I'm not. I look back over the years and realize there were a few times I veered off a bit (thinking maybe I would be a biologist, a doctor, etc.), but always knew I was designed by God to be a teacher. My path has been privileged...I've been blessed to share this life journey with some amazing people and experience some amazing things in some amazing places all over the world. My path has been perilous...dealing with disease (mine and family members'), car accidents, weather. Because I've had such a great support system of family and friends, I've not felt like what other people thought influenced me.  My family and friends like me for who I am, not what I may be able to do for them or what body parts I may or may not have. I am staying on the path God has chosen for me and, as I continue to be in His presence, I am seeing the path a bit clearer each day. I am learning to Trust wholeheartedly. I am letting the Holy Spirit fill me with Joy and Peace.  As a matter of fact, those are two of the breath prayers I use to calm down and help myself relax. As I breathe in I say, "The joy of the Lord" and as I breathe out I say, "is my strength."  As I breathe in I say, "Jehovah Shalom," and as I breathe out I say, "He is my peace."

Update:
   Another good day...actually, better than most. No headache today!  MRI early this morning. Counts were up, so no extras needed. Took a bird bath today! Bone Marrow Biopsy this afternoon...they let me take pics of the bone and marrow they removed! (If you're saying, "That's just gross!" you're wrong.  That's just cool to a science teacher who loves to scrapbook!) Enjoyed visits, calls, cards, and texts. Read some more in Dee Henderson's soon to be released book...awesome! Enjoying some vanilla chai tea before I turn in for the night. God is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for checking out Requirements!