Sunday, August 19, 2012

JOY again...(and an update)

  This was on the page I used in my journal today:  "When we are filled with Jesus, then life is filled with joy."
   From my devotion this morning:
I continually call you to closeness with me...I offer rest for your soul, as well as refreshment for your mind and body...Knowing me intimately is like having a private wellspring of Joy within you.  This spring flows freely from My throne of grace, so your Joy is independent of circumstances...If you feel any deficiency, you need to refocus your attention on Me.  This is how you trust Me in the moments of your life. (Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, p.242)
   Forgot I had this song on my iPod.  Heard it this morning just before devotion.
    Joy continues to be my theme.  I also noticed something else; joy is connected to the presence of God. (Yes, I realize this at the time I need to realize this...God ROCKS!)  True joy is not a result of things or circumstances. It is the result of an intimate relationship with my Creator and is independent of things and circumstances. Wow! This would explain why, as I've gotten older and spent more time in the Word and being in God's presence, I've been able to to see the "bright side" of things. I also thing joy has a direct correlation with peace. And, because the joy of the Lord is my strength (Nehemiah 8:10b), joy strengthens me as I deal with each aspect of my life.

Update: 
   Another good day! Although counts were down, not low enough for transfusion (told probably would have one tomorrow). Bird bath and change of clothes...napped on and off after a bumpy night (pesky headache). Friend brought movies, which I've already put in the order I plan to watch; I might watch one or two out of order just so you don't think I'm OCD :-) Nice visit with family...like talking about the everyday things. So blessed by calls, texts, and emails! Praising God for His peace, faithfulness, and love!

1 comment:

  1. How relevant your post is to my life today (once again! :-))... I printed this verse earlier today to hang in my dining room: "Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Jesus Christ." 1 Thess. 5:18 May God continue to fill your heart with joy in all circumstances!

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for checking out Requirements!