Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Change...(and an update)

From Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, p.237:
...The world you inhabit is a place of constant changes- more than your mind can absorb without going into shock.  Even the body you inhabit is changing relentlessly, in spite of modern science's attempts to prolong youth and life indefinitely.  I, however, am the sam yesterday and today and forever.[Hebrews 13:8] Because I never change, your relationship with Me provides a rock-solid foundation for your life.  I will never leave your side...You have nothing to fear, because I am with ou for all time and throughout eternity.
From a card I received today:
In the ever-changing circumstances of life, there is a faithful, never-changing God in control. Every day begins and ends with His purpose- there isn't a detail that escapes His eye...a trial that doesn't touch His heart... or a single experience beyond His compassion. (The scripture verse was Philippians 4:6-7.)
   To say my circumstances, my body, my plans (There I go making God laugh again.) have changed over the past few weeks would be an understatement.  I, like most people, don't like change.  I kind of like the illusion that I am truly in control of every aspect of my life.  This was going to be my last year to teach...retirement was on the horizon.  After joining Weight Watchers and losing 73 pounds, I was healthier than I'd been in several years.I became a Weight Watchers Leader and loved being at the meetings and helping others on their healthy weight loss journey. This whole leukemia thing really threw a wrench in things. 
   So I came up with an idea that I presented to God.  Knowing we will have a new body in eternity and I will be in eternity with Him, I though it would be a good idea to get that body as a "loaner" here for a while. Since I'm  going to be there eventually, I can return it. Well, that didn't work out. 
   In the midst of this crazy, changing, whirlwind of life, God remains the only constant.  I find peace and hope in the craziness because I know His character never changes. (Check out this blog about the Attributes of God to get a glimpse of His character.)

Update:
    You know how when someone tells you not to do something, then you really want to do it? Today I was told I couldn't blow my nose...something to do with blood clotting issues (not boogers, this time). It was kinda like on the first day I was here and they told me I couldn't leave the floor...I had an overwhelming urge to go to the gift shop. In spite of this minor detail, it was another good day.  It was a quiet, restful day.  I enjoyed cards, emails, texts, and calls.  Sis and nephew visited. Nephew and I watched Tim Hawkins Youtube videos. I'm glad I can be up and about.  God continues to reveal His unchangeable character.

  

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I surely would have just bled to death! You couldn't blow your nose? I understand and believe it, but I can't imagine not being able to blow mine. If mine gets stuffy, I just cannot NOT blow it. That will be a new prayer I will pray for you - whatever they tell you that you cannot do, for God to step in and help you not have a desire to do it!

    I'm so glad you had a good time with Sis and nephew and that you can be up and about. Also VERY glad that you continue to be God's faithful servant and giving Him credit for who He is!

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for checking out Requirements!