Wednesday, August 1, 2012

There's more to come!




   So yesterday I wasn't exactly at my best.  I do remember being given a med for a headache that put me out just a bit.  I wanted to read some in my Bible study, but I had a hard time focusing.  Sis to the rescue!  She read a couple of chapters from Romans to me.  Wow...there was one part I said ,"Write that down please.  I'm going to need to read that later and I want to use it in my blog."  She did and here it is:
There's more to come.  We continue to shout our praise even when we're hemmed in with troubles, because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us, and how that patience in turn forges the tempered steel of virtue, keeping us alert for whatever God will do next.  In alert expectancy such as this, we're never left feeling shortchanged.                               Romans 5:3-5 The Message
   This is such a great reminder of how God, when we pursue a relationship with Him, prepares us for things we don't see coming. I saw how God prepared me for the first go-round with breast cancer. (Check out my blog post "Preparation for the Fight." ) I can see how over the last few weeks I've been getting prepared for this go-round with leukemia.
   During the last few weeks my Bible study group has been studying Acts from the book Adventuring Through the Bible by Ray Stedman. One part that really stuck with me was when discussing Paul's trials, it was pointed out that "obstacles and disappointments only advance the gospel." One of the things discussed was Paul's arrest and imprisonment.  Paul, being such a  "felonious fellow," was chained six hours at a time to one of the elite guards of the Roman army.  Is is any wonder that a large part of Caesar's household became Christians?  Because of Paul's imprisonment, other Christians were encouraged to take up the slack and began preaching boldly. While in prison, Paul wrote letters to the Church...Colossians, Philemon, Ephesians, and Philippians.
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyw-Yhn9OCLoDA6jlYMD-TpqRJqgG5nsG8ciEkdj-i2KE3k5-p6Q    Do I think God brought on this leukemia to teach me a lesson? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Do I think God can work through this obstacle to further His Kingdom and bring glory to His Name? ABSOLUTELY!  Am I always going to have a pleasant time and like what's happening? No, but I have my faith, family, and friends who will make sure I still experience joy in this part of my life's journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for checking out Requirements!