Monday, August 6, 2012

Lot of Encouragement Today (and an update)

   Since I'm still feeling up to it, I try to keep up a semi-regular schedule in the mornings.  I like to "get ready for the day."  It was kind of nice using the white wash cloths and not having them turn orange...didn't have to have the red chemo yesterday!  I like to move about a bit in the morning look out my window and continue to praise God for all His provision.  I also like to get caught up on what's going on with my family and friends.  Today was a day, as many have been, of encouragement and it made me even more thankful for the awesomeness of God and how He has put people in my life and orchestrates such a grand design. (Hmmm...think I may be rambling a bit...sorry.)
   Wanted to share a few of my "moments" from the day.  Reading a note about a friend's prayer, I was struck by a phrase he used.  He said he was praying for my grace, comfort, physical strength and a rapturing awareness of God's presence at every moment. Wow!  That's exactly how I would describe the incredible peace I've been feeling during this whole time.  Then, looking at the verse of the day sent from the radio station I listen to often (Air 1) , I thought, "I'm so standing on that one!".  Ooops...guess you need to know which one.  It's II Corinthians 4:17 NLT "For our present troubles are small and won't last very long.  Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!"
    So, if that wasn't enough, when mail came today, I received a precious reminder that not only is my bestest friend praying for me, but a whole army of prayer warriors is praying. Okay, I knew that, but that tangible reminder made peace flow over my soul. Also, in the mail...a devotional a friend was telling me about was sent to me by another friend...the two don't even know each other.  Part of today's thought in Jesus is Calling (the devotional) p.229 is
"When things seem to be going all wrong,stop and affirm your trust in Me.  Calmly bring these matters to Me, and leave them in My capable hands. Then, simply do the next thing.  Stay in touch with Me through thankful, trusting prayers, resting in My sovereign control. Rejoice in Me- exult in the God of your salvation!"
   Wait, there's more.  Had a visit from a precious friend, texts, a daily joke, call from nephew who remembered I like synchronized swimming so I could watch, encouraging emails, calls, and friends taking care of so many details to help me out.  Wow...God shows Himself all over the place!

Update:
    Another good day.  Think I may have found my craving this time. (Last time it was cottage cheese.)  It appears that I'm really liking to drink lots of low fat milk...go figure! Glad this floor is well stocked!  Getting ready to have premeds, which make conversing with me pretty entertaining.  Will be starting chemo bag #6...WooHoo! 

5 comments:

  1. Read pg. 228 in the devotional - that's what I did this morning because I thought it was the 5th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that and a frosty--have another good day! Love ya, Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love it when God does that for us? Just those little simple reminders that he has things under control...

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Edwina, I love your blog! Your gracious positive attitude is so refreshing. I am following your journey and praying for you daily.
    I am on a health journey of my own right now and I never cease to be amazed at God's grace peace and the strength He gives me to keep on keeping on!

    Hang in there Girl. Blessings! >^.^<

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to share. Thanks for checking out Requirements!