Friday, August 24, 2012

Everywhere, God is There... (and an update)


   Have you ever wondered how God can be omnipresent- everywhere all the time? Don't think about it too much because, speaking from experience, you'll end up feeling like your head is going to explode. It's kind of the same way when I think about eternity...it's going on right now and God is in the past, present, and future (ooo...I need to stop now before my head explodes!) Over the last few years, during Bible studies I've learned more about God and eternity. I have come to the realization that I don't have to understand it all; I can't understand it all.  I don't have to understand it all to accept it all. (Okay, if you're reading this and saying, "She's not as smart as she thinks she is if she just accepts something she can't prove." That's totally your opinion, I'm okay with that, and we can still be friends. [Just know I am so going to be praying for you and there's nothing you can do about it... :-) ] )

   From today's devotion in Jesus Calling by Sarah Young:
I am all around you, hovering over you even as you seek My Face.  I am nearer than you dare believe, closer than the air you breathe. If My children could only recognize My Presence, they would never feel lonely again...Be blessed by My intimate nearness.  Since I live in you, let Me also live through you, shining My Light into the darkness.
   Some of you are thinking, "That whole 'hovering over you' thing kind of creeps me out." That's okay...God knows how you feel.  Think about this: If it's someone you know in an intimate, personal relationship, then being that close will not creep you out.  I've heard people say they sometimes feel lonely even in a room full of people. I can understand that if it's a room full of people you don't know well. If you're in a room full of people with whom you have no connection or share your life journey, you're going to feel alone. If you have a connection, a relationship with someone, you won't be alone. Since God is omnipresent, when you have a relationship with Him you won't be alone, whether there are people present or not.
   I've posted this song before, but this time it's the lyric version:
   More encouragement:
  • On a card: "Our bodies are fragile but our spirits are strong."
  • "Those who know Your name trust in You, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for You." Psalm 9:10 (Goes along nicely with today's devotion, don't you think?)
  • "You thrill me, Lord, with all You have done for me!(Which has been amazing, just saying!!!!) I sing for joy (There's that word again!) because of what you have done." Psalm 92:4
  • From Joyce Meyer Ministries:  "Trusting God brings life. Believing brings rest. So stop trying to figure everything out, and let God be God in your life." (Maybe I don't have to figure out eternity, ya think?)
Update:
    No headache last night...woohoo! Neutrophils (something about white blood cells) are up which means I'm closer to having fresh fruits and veggies! JSYK...you do not want to be near me if you have a salad in your possession, because I would seriously take you down just so I could eat it. Missing my fresh fruits and veggies! Did discover that cooked carrots and zucchini are very tasty...a combination I'd never tried until today. No headaches today...yippee! Doc said baby steps; making progress every day. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but not sure how long the tunnel is at this point. Another med taken off the long list. Baked cod tonight! Now having soy milk! Someone on staff noticed I'd put my primary language down as Klingon. Sweet visit with a friend today; looking forward to visits tomorrow. Going to watch a movie tonight.  Blessed by calls, texts, cards, and emails. My Omnipresent God continues to be Faithful and True!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for checking out Requirements!