Thursday, August 30, 2012

Encouragement and Lots of It!...(and an update)

   This morning's devotion in Jesus Calling by Sarah Young talked about how there was no where I could go that Jesus couldn't find me. (Check out Psalm 139:7-10) My favorite part:
No set of circumstances could ever isolate you from My loving Presence.  Not only do I see you always; I see you as a redeemed saint, gloriously radiant [Getting some sparkle on!] in My righteousness. That is why I take great delight in you and rejoice over you with singing! (Zephaniah 3:17)
   You know, I'm not the only one that's going through a trying time.  A very precious little girl came close to drowning and is fighting for life as her family, friends, and total strangers lift her and her family in prayer. Check out her Facebook page: Please Pray for Rosalie. One of the girls (now an incredible young woman) from church camp days has a sister (30 years my junior) who is battling cancer.  She is living out her practical faith as a true warrior. She also has a blog.  You can see her latest post on The Journey.  Some trials are in other forms...hurricanes, failed relationships, financial troubles, etc. Whatever is going on, whatever the day may bring God is big enough, near enough, and loving enough to be with you every step of the way.
   The following is a compilation of encouraging words I've been sent and found.  I hope they bless you like the have and continue to bless me!
 
  • Shared by DJ on Air1 (a radio station):  When you go through something bad, you've got 3 choices: You can let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you.
  • From Joyce Myer Ministries:  We don’t have to work at getting rid of every stressful situation. We need to embrace God's peace.
  • From a friend: "You will have courage because you will have hope. You will take your time, and rest in safety. You will lie down unafraid and many will look to you for help." Job 11:18, 19
  • From Joyce Myer Ministries:   The purpose of faith isn’t always to keep us from having trouble. It is often to carry us through trouble. If we never had any trouble, we wouldn’t need any faith.
  • KLOVE (a radio station) Verse of the Day:   "Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be joyful." Proverbs 16:20
  • From a friend:  "God's peace is joy resting. His joy is peace dancing." FF Bruce   
  • Verse from a song shared by a dear friend: "Oh joy that seekest me through pain, I cannot close my heart to Thee. I trace the rainbow through the rain, and feel that promise is not vain, that morn shall tearless be."
  • Another one from Joyce Meyer Ministries:  Everything we run away from has power over us; everything we go through, we conquer.  
  • A Facebook post from a friend: Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. (Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.) John 14:27 AMP I don't believe in coincidence. I believe that everything that we go thru happens for a reason and on purpose.. Openly admitting that I question many things... But deep within me I know my God holds the steering wheel! Listening intently this morning and realizing that this is a work in progress..purposing in my heart to get outta my own way, setting myself up to "buffed" for brilliance..wearing the "t-shirt" that proclaims 'IT IS ALL GOOD'!! We are all diamonds in the Rough... Have a beautiful Day my loves! ♥ GET YO' shine ON!!
 
 
 
   Some days are charcoal days. In spite of that, I know God's character never changes. He is working things to my benefit (Romans 8:28) I don't have to understand, I just have to look to the One who knows.
 
Update:
   Very good day! shopped a little with a friend (early, not at peak time or weekend). Paid my first hospital co-pay and thanked God I have insurance. Blood pressure and temperature continue to be down. Doctor's appointment tomorrow; expecting a good report. Still sit in amazement at the awesomeness of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for checking out Requirements!