Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Messy Day; There's No Place Like Home...(and an update)

   I can't not share yesterday's devotion.  I did it before Dr. B came in to tell me I could go home.  Here it is in it's entirety:
"Trust me in the midst of a messy day. Your inner calm-your Peace in My Presence-need not be shaken by what is going on around you. Though you live in this temporal world, your innermost being is rooted and grounded in eternity. When you start to feel stressed, detach yourself from the disturbances around you. Instead of desperately striving to maintain order and control in your little world, relax and remember that circumstances cannot touch My Peace. Seek My Face, and I will share My mind with you, open your eyes to see things from My perspective. Do not let your heart be troubled, and do not be afraid. The Peace I give is sufficient for you." (Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, p. 249) John 16:33, Psalm 105:4, John 14:27
   Yesterday, Sunday, marked the end of the fourth week of my hospital stay. I'd been well taken care of, my friends called, texted, emailed, facebooked, sent cards, and visited. I remember waking up without a headache and thinking, "Four weeks...how much longer?" Sometimes I get a bit frayed around the edges and at those moments God reminds me that He truly has everything under control.  The portions of the devotion that really spoke to me I put in italics and in bold. I was reminded that my peace and God's presence is not dependent on what's going on around me.  Eternity is my destination...the messiness of any day is not that big a deal. I don't have to maintain order and be in control...circumstances don't determine my peace. I like God's perspective...I don't have to be afraid because He is sufficient for all my needs.
   Now, the devotion really helped me through my "I'm bummed because I can't be in Sunday School and at Church" mood.  Remembered a song (which would have gone well with Saturday's post about Moments) by Bekcah Shae that  reminded me that being in the moment with Jesus is the best place to be...doesn't have to be a location.
 
    So then Dr. B comes in and tells me my counts look great and asks if I would like to go home.  You know what I said...."Yes, absolutely!" She did give me specific things I can and can't do, but I was so okay with that! Texted my Sis and she came for me after church. That gave me enough time to get unhooked from my IV, my PICC line removed, and enjoy lunch.  The food service lady even came up to say good-bye and let me know she had programmed my food preferences into the computer and would be sure to have soy milk for me the next go-round. Church friends came at the perfect time, took my grocery list and shopped while Sis took me to get meds filled and to enjoy my first veggies on a sandwich in four weeks. Love how God works things out!

Update:
   Totally loved being home today! Kind of felt like Dorothy...There's no place like home! Slept all night without interruptions. Took a shower! Enjoyed visits, texts, calls and many blessings.Had blueberries in my oatmeal for the first time in four weeks! Ate an apple today.  Enjoyed one of my favorite salads. Napped on and off all day. Didn't realize how heavy a half a gallon of milk was...guess I still need to get some of my strength back.  Going for blood work tomorrow and expecting a good report. God's character never changes...He is Ever-Faithful and my Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for checking out Requirements!