Sunday, August 12, 2012

Suffering...Keeping Reading (and an update)

  So this morning's devotional was on weakness...
Come to Me  when you are weak and weary.   Rest snugly in My everlasting arms...weakness stirs up My compassion.  Accept yourself in your weariness, knowing that I understand how difficult your journey has been.  Do not compare yourself with others...I have gifted you with fragility, providing opportunities for your spirit to blossom in  My Presence.  Rather than struggling to disguise or deny your weakness, allow Me to bless your richly through it. (Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, p 235)
   It's no surprise; I don't like to be "weak."  I like to be in control and take care of things (and people) and make sure things get done.  One of the scripture references struck a cord:
  "A bruised reed will not break, and a smoldering wick will not be snuffed out ." Isaiah 42:3
   It reminded me of the line in Group 1 Crew's song "He Said:"
"I won't give you more, more then you can take and I might let you bend, but I won't let you break"
   I though about this throughout the day.   Really tired...two units of blood.   Didn't make my regular trek around the unit today.  Remembered some encouragement from Nancy Leigh DeMoss's book Lies Women Believe. (Also mentioned in the post "Preparation for the Fight")
  • True joy is not the absence of pain, but the presence of the Lord Jesus in the midst of the pain.
  • My painful circumstances will not last one moment longer that God knows is necessary to achieve His eternal purposes in and through my life. 
   Yes...there's joy, trust, and it's not about me.
   It's interesting how many ways people tend to interpret suffering.  People have asked and told me some pretty interesting things, both last time and this time.  I was asked what I thought my "secret sin" was. Some one told me that it wasn't fair that this happened because...then listed the things that I did to further the kingdom.  Someone told me if I...fill in the blank...prayed hard enough, had enough faith, confessed my sin, etc..then God would make this right. Do I believe I'm "suffering for Jesus?" No. Jesus took care of all that on the cross so my eternity with Him is secure.  Do I believe in healing...absolutely.  Do I know exactly what that healing will look like...no, God's got that one. I'm always dumfounded by some comments.  I didn't remember getting a "Get out of Suffering Free" card when I said YES to Jesus.
Therefore we do not lose heart...For our light and momentary troubles [Hey, compared to eternity, this is just a tick in time!] are achieving for us a eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.  For what is seen [all the crazy stuff we get so stressed about] is temporary, but what is unseen [God's glory...His Kingdom business] is eternal.  II Corinthians 4:16-18 [Brackets are my comments.]
Update:
Wow...new part of the adventure today...2 units of blood (Yes, have pics with nurse striking a pose). Who knew when the red stuff got low you could get so tired? Rested a bit more today; enjoyed visits from friends and family. Always amazed at how God send just the right person at just the right time with just the right comment. Scored bananas in a jar and a Frostie! Reminded of our True Hope. Continue to praise God for His faithfulness!


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for checking out Requirements!