Monday, August 20, 2012

Healing...(and an update)

   Wasn't a able to do my devotion first thing as usual.  Battled the headache from the dark side most of the night. When headache finally subsided, opened Jesus Calling by Sarah Young and found this:
I am a God Who heals.  I heal broken bodies, broken minds, broken hearts, broken lives, and broken relationships.  My very Presence has immense healing powers. You cannot live close to Me without experiencing some degree of healing...The healing may be instantaneous, or it may be a process.  That is up to me.  Your part is to trust Me fully and to thank Me for the restoration that has begun...
   This reminded me that physical healing is only one kind of healing.  So many minds, hearts, lives, and relationships also need God's healing touch. All of these types of healing may be instantaneous or involve a process...our part is trust.  Trust that God's got this.  Trust that God's going to work it out for our good (Romans 8:28) and wants us to prosper and not come to harm.  Trust that God wants us to have a hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11). Trust God's character.
   According to Webster, trust is "an assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something." That Someone is our Creator, Sustainer, Deliverer, Hope, Refuge, Peace, Strong Tower...fill in your favorite attribute of God.  
   So do I need to know the how, when, where, what, where of my healing...no.  As much as I want to know, I don't need to know.  I just need to trust.
   
Update:
    Neat thing I learned today: It's easier to get my IV pole over cords if I pop a wheelie!Today was another good day. No bone marrow biopsy today...MRI was scheduled instead. Napped on and off because of another night of little sleep (pesky headache...prayer request: no headache tonight, please.). MRI was postponed until in the morning. Just had one unit of blood and will be getting the next. (Late because of MRI wait.) Fun visit from college roomie! Visit from sis and nephew. Blessed by calls, texts, cards, and emails. God continues to be faithful!God's grace is sufficient; He is my peace and rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for checking out Requirements!