Saturday, August 25, 2012

All My Moments...(and an update)

This morning's devotion was about God being the Eternal I Am. It was kind of like yesterday's when it talked about God being everywhere; this talked about God always having been and always will be.  Here's more from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young:
...In My Presence you experience Love and Light, Peace and Joy.  I am intimately involved in all your moments...I am central in your innermost being...Do not be alarmed by your inability to remain focused on Me.  Simply bring your thoughts gently back to Me each time they wander.  The quickest way to redirect your mind to me is to whisper My Name.
    This is what stood out to me this morning and throughout the day:
  • Again...JOY in God's presence.
  •  God is intimately involved in all my moments...my moments...everything that happens to me, not just every day, but every moment of every day. For some reason, the whole "moment" thing makes me feel closer to God and more like He really knows me and cares about everything in every moment...the cancer, the side effects, the poop, the boogers, the headaches...all of it.
  • Since God is central in my innermost being, I don't have to be afraid or worried about the outcome of any of my moments. God, the Creator, Sustainer, and Healer, is here with me every moment.
  • Talk about an "ah-ha" moment..."inability to remain focused," I resemble that remark. My mind does wonder...sometimes during quiet time, sometimes while I work on my Bible study, sometimes while I pray.  I like this KISS (Keep It Simple Sweetie) approach..."The quickest way to redirect your mind to me is to whisper my Name." Gonna be doing a lot of whispering!!!
Trust and Joy:
  • Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the Eternal (Nice tie in to today's devotion.)  Rock. Isaiah 26:4
  • With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation! Isaiah 12:3
  • But may all who search for You be filled with joy and gladness in You.  May those who love your salvation repeatedly shout, "The Lord is great!" Psalm 40:16
  • From my journal: "Laughter is joy overflowing. (Lots of joy overflowing today!)
   So the whole "moments" thing got me thinking about some special moments that I had today.  Had an early morning visit from a school friend who brought cards made by my students.  She happen to be here when Dr. B came and also prayed with us.  It was really neat.  I am so thankful for an oncologist that recognizes a God thing when she sees it and prays with me every morning. Something else really cool...Dr. B and her daughter are participating in the Glow Run 5K which benefits the  The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
   More moments...more friends from school visited throughout the day...found out one use to work with someone I know and attended church with...nice visit with family playing with "Find It" and Bro-In-Law's new phone. Sis picked up the bracelet I won on Facebook and brought it to me. Friends called to check on me...looking forward to visits tomorrow. Cards, emails, and texts continue to encourage me and bring joy to my day.

Update:
   Another really good day! No headaches. Another med was discontinued today. Still no go home date, but getting closer.  Blood counts were very good today...second day in a row no transfusions needed. Got to take a bird bath today! (So looking forward to being able to take a shower again!) It's really weird, tomorrow will mark week 4 of my hospital stay...I feel like the month of August hasn't really existed for me. I praise God that, in spite of the long stay, I've experienced a minimal amount of side effects and feel well enough to be up and about. God continues to be my Rock, Strength, and Strong Tower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for checking out Requirements!