Saturday, September 1, 2012

Hide and Go Seek?...(and an update)

  Aren't you glad Jesus doesn't play Hide and Go Seek?  Today's devotion from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young:
Seek Me with your whole being.  I desire to be found by you, and I orchestrate the events of your life with that purpose in mind.  When things go well and you are blessed you can feel Me smiling on you.  When you encounter rough patches along your life-journey, trust that My Light is still shining upon you.  My reasons for allowing these adversities may be shrouded in mystery, but My continual Presence with you is an absolute promise.  Seek Me in good times: seek Me in hard times.  You will find Me watching over you all the time.
   Love the Message version of one of today's scriptures, Hebrews 10:23- " Let's keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word."
    Also from the Message version: Deuteronomy 4:29-31(Verse 29 was in the devotion; I added the others because they spoke to me as well.): "But even there, if you seek God, your God, you'll be able to find him if you're serious, looking for him with your whole heart and soul. When troubles come and all these awful things happen to you, in future days you will come back to God, your God, and listen obediently to what he says. God, your God, is above all a compassionate God. In the end he will not abandon you, he won't bring you to ruin, he won't forget the covenant with your ancestors which he swore to them."
   What a great reassurance! It comforts me to know that God is with me during adversity.  What I realize, though, is that I tend to seek God more during the rough patches than I do during the "everything is going okay" times.  (This may have to do with the "I want to be in control and can take care of myself" attitude I tend to have from time to time.)  Oh, I study the Word...love to learn and see what God is going to teach me. But, I'm wondering if I'm earnestly seeking God. Am I seeking with my whole being...body, soul, spirit? This has gotten me thinking about when, where, and how I have my devotion and prepare for my Bible study.  It's gotten me thinking about opportunities I will have during my recovery time to do more seeking.
   I know that nothing can touch me until it is filtered through God's love first. With that in mind, I can see that during this time I need to learn to seek Jesus more with my whole being. I need to listen obediently. I praise God for the opportunity to seek Him more!

Update:
   A very good day! Got up early to follow doc's instructions to avoid crowds. Replenished my supply of Weight Watchers oatmeal and got a few other goodies.  Blessed to see some wonderful ladies at WW. Home to rest for a while.  The nephews came over and cleaned for me, then we watched a movie together.  Sis picked up a few groceries. Unexpected blessing from a dear friend. Blood pressure continues to be great. Tired, but happy. God's amazing power and faithfulness continues to overwhelm me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for checking out Requirements!