Thursday, September 6, 2012

A "God"incidence

   Last night I got a text from a precious friend. I was totally blown away because what she texted me was what I'd studied at Bible study and shared with the ladies in my group.  When we have Bible study, we always joke that our pastors (all of us attend different churches) have been reading our studies.  Not sure how my friend got hold of it this week! It's one of those "God"incidences!
   So here's the part of the text:
"While spending time in prayer for you I couldn't get this out of my mind, 'Rest in His sufficiency.'  We talked about how God always takes care of us & thought of you..." 
   When I read the text, I thought about how amazing God is and how this confirmed the things He's been trying (and hopefully succeeding) to teach me.  Earlier in the evening my Bible study finished up II Corinthians.  We talked about II Corinthians 12:9-10 NIV: "But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." I also shared with the ladies a couple of the devotions I'd read that deal with trusting God to be enough and take care whatever I need.  Wow! 
   So what am I going to do? REST IN HIS SUFFICIENCY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for checking out Requirements!