Thursday, January 20, 2011

HEAVEN IS FOR REAL

   I just finished reading Heaven is For Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent.  Now, I'm not one to read or put a lot of stock in the whole "I went to Heaven and this is what it's like" type of book.  The reason I was interested in this particular book is I saw it on a friend's facebook post.  I took a closer look at the post and discovered it was about the experience of her nephew.  Wow!  I had a connection.  I also know the boy's uncle.  After talking with Sis, I found out that she went to college with Todd Burpo and the boy's relatives I know.  So, I picked up the book on Saturday and was totally blown away by the content.  It tells the story of, then, four-year-old Colton who has an emergency apendectomy and, while his life hangs in the balance, visits Heaven.  Colton doesn't tell the entire story all at once.  The story unfolds over a longer period of time as he share bits and pieces of the experience with his parents through the course of everyday life. I don't want to give away any details because the entire book is amazing.  Yes, I believe in Heaven.  This book has given me a new perspective on Heaven and a renewed sense of awe about the incredible God I love and serve.  For more info on the book, check out  heavenisforreal.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to share. Thanks for checking out Requirements!